All employees of PGW must live in the City of Philadelphia for the duration of their employment. If a candidate does not live in the City of Philadelphia at the time of hire, they must move into the City within 12 months of their hire date.
Benefits Package Overview
Employees of Philadelphia Gas Works can choose a plan that best meets their individual needs from options like Independence Blue Cross Personal Choice, Keystone HMO, and Aetna. Prescription and dental plans are also available.
The current employee contributions for all plans vary depending on the number of people covered under the selected plan.
PGW also offers the following special benefits:
- Group Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Company Sponsored Pension Plan (five-year vesting)
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- 10.5 Holidays
- Accrued administrative leave days and vacation
- PGW Employees' Association - discounted tickets and packages to area attractions, sporting events, and concerts
- PGW Employees' Credit Union
Internships and Cooperative Education Programs
At PGW, we believe a successful internship or cooperative (co-op) program benefits both the employer and the student. Our paid Internship and Co-op Education Programs offer a great opportunity to learn and discover elements that may interest you in a particular area. Click here to learn about these programs.
PGW is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PGW considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status. Please read our EOE policy.