Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Your PGW Service: What to Know
In response to COVID-19 we are taking precautionary actions to mitigate exposure and reduce the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on our customers and employees. We remain committed to providing safe and reliable service to our customers, and we are doing our part to protect the communities where we live and serve. We do not anticipate any service disruption to our customers at this time.
Ensuring the health and safety of our employees and customers is our number one priority. We are closely monitoring the situation with local, state and federal health agencies, as well as reinforcing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
What to Know About Your Bill
We recognize that certain customers may experience financial difficulty as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, whether they or a family member fall ill, are required to quarantine, or because their income is otherwise affected. We hope to alleviate our affected customers’ concerns about their natural gas service during this time.
As a result, PGW strongly encourages our customers to contact PGW’s Customer Call Center at 215-235-1000 or visit pgworks.com/help immediately to make arrangements to stay current on their bill.
PGW has a variety of assistance programs in place for customers to assist with their natural gas bill. Options like ‘Payment Arrangements’ (for when customers fall behind, or are worried they might) or ‘Budget Billing’ (which sets up a consistent pay amount each month) can make all the difference.
During the pandemic PGW has maintained regular billing for all its customers and will not terminate service without first providing advanced notice to customers behind on their bill. To avoid a disruption in service or late fees customers must make a payment or enroll in a payment assistance program.
It is also always a good idea to conserve your natural gas use if you can. PGW offers tips on ways to save energy on our website at www.pgworks.com/coronavirus-energy-tips.
Ways to Stay Current On Your PGW Bill During COVID-19
- Conserve your energy use. Small changes like sealing up air leaks around windows and doors and setting your thermostat between 65 and 70 degrees can make a big difference. Learn more by visiting pgworks.com/covid19
- Contact PGW today to enroll in a payment arrangement program like Budget Billing or a payment assistance program like CRP or LIHEAP. No matter your income PGW has a program that can help you better manage your bill. Visit pgworks.com to learn more.
- Sign up for a PGW My Account at pgworks.com. Monitor your use, pay online and receive your bill directly to your email.
Other Important PGW News to Know
- PGW's 24-hour Emergency Hotline is available, if you smell natural gas or experience a gas-related emergency call: 215.235.1212.
- PGW has closed all five PGW Customer Service Centers until further notice. Pay your bill online at pgworks.com; pay cash at area retailers like 7-Eleven, CVS and Family Dollar, or pay by mail: PGW, P.O. Box 11700, Newark, NJ 07101-4700.
- PGW is adhering to and reinforcing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local, state and federal agencies to maintain the health and safety of our employees and customers in all our facilities and vehicles.
In keeping with public health official guidelines, we are taking precautionary measures to limit your exposure and that of our employees.
- Our employees have been instructed to take precautionary measures to mitigate their and your exposure to limit the risk of infection. Some of those precautions include:
- Frequent handwashing and use of sanitizer;
- Avoiding touching mouth, nose and eyes;
- Keeping a safe distance from anyone self-quarantined or sick;
- Staying home if they are sick.
We appreciate your patience during this time and ask you to visit this page regularly for PGW updates.
We also encourage you to stay safe and informed by visiting the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) website.
How You Can Support Your Community
- PHL COVID-19 Fund
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
What are you doing to protect your employees?
The company has implemented the following employee-related actions, which will remain in place as we continue to closely monitor the pandemic:
- Limiting external meeting attendance and external visitors at PGW facilities to operationally critical activities that are required to deliver gas to our customers.
- Restricting travel between PGW office locations, except for operationally critical activities.
- Stopping all non-essential business-related travel.
- Elevating the level of cleaning and disinfecting at all company facilities.
What can I do to help?
- If you are quarantined or sick, and you call us for a service order or to report a natural gas leak or other emergency, we ask that you advise us about the conditions ahead of time. We have measures in place that will allow us to continue providing essential services to you.
- In order to protect the health and safety of our service technicians, please be aware that if you or anyone at your property are ill or believe they have been exposed to COVID-19, our field technicians and/or crews will enter your home wearing additional protective gear including respirators, face masks, protective suits and nitrile gloves. They are wearing this additional clothing to protect their health.
- We are also requiring that customers wear a facial covering, and enter a separate room or remain at least 6 feet away while our technicians perform work at your property. These helpful steps provide even greater protection for all involved.
We greatly appreciate your support and cooperation.